24 January 2014

soap operas

Earlier this week a good friend told me that my life was like a soap opera after giving her a condensed version of my "life story." Maybe it is a little like a soap opera, but you know what? It has brought so many blessings that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Despite starting a new semester this week, I've had more free time than I'd anticipated. I started going through some old photos and letters of the mama's. I've wanted to make a photo book of her life for a long time, but since almost all of the photos need to be scanned in I've been a little overwhelmed by the prospect. SO... I was looking at these old photos and letters and I just felt so grateful for the people in my life who made all this possible -- who have memories of her and share those with me -- even if they are part of the "soap opera."

And yes, that photo book will get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment