26 July 2012

Way to go chica!

This morning mama and I had a talk. Or, more accurately, I talked out loud and hoped she was listening. I just told her everything that's going on in my life and the stupid mess I'm trying to sort out and I told her how much I missed her and why I missed her and how I missed all the little things she used to do...

Over the past month or so I've been noticing a phenomenon. Mostly with one particular auntie since I seem to either talk on the phone with her or email her every day, but it's happened with all of my wonderful aunties. Anyway, I wrote a particular email to this particular auntie last night and got a reply back just now.

Look at the title of this post again. Here's the rest of it... "That was kind of random, but it's what popped into my head, so I went with it." To this auntie it might seem random, but to me it's just a little reminder that the mama is aware of me... it's happened with birthday cards, emails, just in conversation... but all of a sudden the aunties start talking less like aunties and more like the mama. It's neat. I love it.

Oh, by the way, "the mama" is a little joke between Mom and I that comes from this show (and said in the baby's voice too).

No comments:

Post a Comment