20 September 2012

condo

This afternoon I found myself thinking about the condo. The condo really wasn't a place of many good memories. In fact, I pretty much hated it when we moved in. Everything was in turmoil. I loved the townhouse we'd lived in and the ward.

Despite all its shortcomings and unpleasant memories and the circumstances under which we moved out of it, when I thought of the condo this afternoon, I had a really warm feeling. Especially right before  her diagnosis (if only we'd known what was coming!), we would spend the evenings lying on her bed watching movies from the library. It was cozy.

Until recently, I've had a lot of time on my hands. A lot of potential to miss Mom more than I'd think was possible. Even with the increased demands on my time (thanks to graduate school and resulting lack of time to do nothing), I find myself missing her more lately. I think part of it is that I don't get to share the happenings of my day with her anymore. Another is probably that she was always really supportive of all my school stuff and I miss being able to  share the good moments of that with her.

Just a few thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment