08 June 2015

Elder Burton

{via Pinterest}

I've had two experiences in the last few days, courtesy of Elder Burton, that have been absolute tender mercies / miracles.

The first: a visit from an Auntie when it was desperately needed to 1) boost my spirits and to 2) let me know that my Father in Heaven and my parents are aware of me. I had called her in tears a couple hours before and thanks to something Rhett had written in an email, she felt prompted to come see me at work.

The second: after recounting the profound effect the above experience had on me to Elder Burton and thanking him for his part in it, I received a reminder of something that I think has kept me alive the last few years: see the tender mercy in everything. He asked me how I could so easily see the tender mercy in everything and until I read that, I hadn't really considered that I did. But the idea that I do was yet another boon to my weary spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment