26 April 2014

the beginning... and the end

Ever see those quotes on Pinterest and you're not sure if they're real or not, but you love what it says?

This is one of those. 


I don't know who this person is or where the quote came from, but the words have resonated with me for a long time. Today started out great. I got up early, went to the bank to get a check for my passport fees (yay!) and came home and tried to make my room a nice place to do homework (oh yeah, I should be studying for a metadata quiz right now...) and felt really good about the day. THEN something happened. It wasn't good or bad, but my reaction to it and how I chose to react to my reaction (if that makes sense) taught me something. This life is hard. Trials are hard. There are certain trials in my life I'd give anything (in my limited human understanding) to give up. But these trials have also taught me so much and I'm learning to be myself. Once I calmed down from my not-so-mini meltdown, the day was great. I accomplished a lot. I got to see some of my favorite people (oh, the great aunties I have!) and I got to just waste some time... always needful on the weekend.

I've spent a lot of my life berating myself for not following a "normal" schedule without cutting myself some slack for a few things that were beyond my control. That's slowly changing and I'm realizing that Heavenly Father has a plan. And it's a perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment