14 April 2014

Like a broken vessel

Last night as I said my prayers I had the phrase "like a broken vessel" running through my head. I knew it was a talk by Elder Holland from the October conference, but it was one of those talks that hadn't really stuck with me at the time. When I finished my prayers, I decided to look up the talk and read it as my scripture study for the night (hey, the Ensign is considered a form of scripture, right?!). 

There are so many good parts, but this is my favorite:

"Believe in miracles. I have seen so many of them come when every other indication would say that hope was lost. Hope is never lost. If those miracles do not come soon or fully or seemingly at all, remember the Savior’s own anguished example: if the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead."


{image via}

No comments:

Post a Comment